Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday




Faith & Family
My "works for me" today is not a household tip but rather two things that have sustained me through my 42 years of life.
Today my grandma Benzing is in the hospital. Her body is tired and worn out. It's hard but at the same time, memories are flooding through my mind.
I LOVE both of my grandmothers. My grandma Adrian passed away in 1985. They were both very different but very, very special to me. I can sum up my grandma Benzing in one word - FUN!! She loves to laugh, play games, and have a good time. One year, I was so fortunate to spend the summer with them.
If it were not for my faith, I would be overcome with sadness today. But I'm not. If this is her time, I know that I will see her again. I enjoy the memories and celebrate her life that has revolved around this same faith. And if God gives her more days on this earth, I will treasure the time that remains.
My family has been there for me always. We're not perfect. We have our ups and downs as well as our ins and outs. But in the end, we are family. God has been so good to me.

No comments: