Friday, November 23, 2007

The Weekend After...

I am sitting here just relaxing in the beautiful sound of Josh Groban's new Christmas album, Noel. I need this peaceful moment. Thanksgiving was wonderful. At this stage of my life, I treasure each and every opportunity I have to be surrounded by my children. I am so thankful for my family.

23 years ago tonight was the eve of my wedding. Tomorrow Cliff and I will celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. We were 2 young, idealistic kids who didn't have a clue about life. We just knew we were crazy in love and didn't think we could live another day apart from eachother. Little did we know what time held for us. We have had our ups and our downs. There have been good days and there have been a few days when I didn't know if we'd make it. They were that hard. But here we are, 23 years later. And you know what? I am proud of us. Most people who got married when we did are not together any more. It's hard. Marriage is wonderful but it's hard under the very best of circumstances.

Would I do it again? Yes. Sometimes I think I should have waited another year. It wouldn't have killed me to grow up a little more. But then I wouldn't have had Josh and I wouldn't trade he or any of my other children for the world.

Josh and Amy are the ages now that Cliff and I were when we got married. My daughter is looking at wedding gowns, thinking of dates, and I don't know where the years have gone! I blinked 23 years!!

I have a good life. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it was 23 years ago that you got married- you are almost to 25- where does the time go???? I'm sure you read on my blog that we got engaged 20 years ago- how did we get so old so fast?

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving- we did too, although I missed seeing the Adrian side.