Saturday, November 3, 2007

Jack



Two years ago as I was taking the kids to school, I noticed a little white dog walking along the side of the road at the end of our street This really bothered me because:

1) I am a big softie when it comes to animals. I don't like to see stray/abandoned/hungry/or ones that are not being taken care of.

2) I just knew this dog was going to get hit because he was so small he was barely visible from the car.

I decided to stop and get him on the way home but I didn't see him as I passed by.


The next morning, I saw this little dog again. He was tied up in the small front yard of a house down the street from us. He maybe had a total of 1 1/2 foot of rope. I felt so sorry for him and said so to Emily. She then informed me that her friend kept asking her if she wanted a dog. This turned out to be the dog! I told her that if the friend asked her again to tell her YES!! I just couldn't take it anymore!!!

The next day, Amy & Emily walked down the street and that's the day Jack became a part of our family. He was so cute!!

The irony is that there was a lady at church who had offerred me a puppy about 6 months before. I emphatically said "NO." Josh had brought home a puppy who was supposed to be a medium-sized dog. She's HUGE. With this dog filling the house and the cats, I didn't want another dog. Turns out, Jack was the same dog!!

I guess we were supposed to have him!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Jack looks very sweet and must be so happy to have found a loving family. May you all be blessed!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

*plus 3 rescued cats and one rescued 110 lb. supersized Golden Retriever!
come meet us ;-)