Thursday, February 21, 2008

30 Days - Day 18: Sisterly Love



This picture is of my sister and I circa. 1968 or 1969.

For several years, my parents and my brother and his wife, sister and her husband, and Cliff and I all lived in Florida...for a very brief period of time we all lived less than 1 mile from eachother. The hardest thing about moving to Kansas was leaving behind my brother and sister and being part of their lives. We didn't see eachother daily but we were all in the same church and had family dinners and parties. I miss that. There are days when I think "I'd like to have lunch with Jon today" or "I wish Elizabeth and I could go check out the scrapbook store." We're all used to living so far from eachother and we're all very sure of the fact that we're all where God wants each of us to be.


All of that being said, my sister is having her 6th child tomorrow. Oh how I wish I were there with her. I was right outside the door when she delivered her first baby. I was there in spirit with her 2nd (I had a c-section 10 hours earlier) (you can read the entire story here) I sat with her through the entire labor of her 3rd baby. I so wanted to see that baby born. She ended up having a c-section and I missed out (after waiting all night!!) Her 4th and 5th babies I was here in Kansas. I've hated missing each one. By the time I see the babies they are already 5-6 months old. This is where it's hard to be so far.

So Elizabeth, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers all day today and tomorrow. I pray for a safe delivery and a very healthy baby boy!! And know that this very proud Aunt will be waiting to see pictures ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a cute picture Rebecca and congrats on being an Aunt again.

Elizabeth said...

Well, I wish you were going to be here too. I still feel bad that you weren't able to see Anna's birth or that I wouldn't let you in for Paul's. (Blame the demerol!)

I'm a bit anxious, but not too bad. I don't think I like knowing the day and time the baby is coming- it is weird. I will make sure Paul gets some pictures up as soon as possible tomorrow.

Charlotte said...

What a darling picture of you and your sister. My kids grew up in this era. It was a time when little girls wore dresses. Wonder if that will ever be the style again. I doubt it. It's great that you are so close.

Totallyscrappy said...

My brothers and I live far from each other and it can be so hard at times. I pray that you'll get to see that new baby soon!