Tuesday, February 26, 2008

30 Days - Day 23: An Unexpected Friendship


"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile,
nor the joy of companionship;
it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover
that someone else believes in you and is willing to
trust you with a friendship."
~Ralph Waldo Emmerson


This picture is borrowed from my friend, Karen's blog. It is she and her son holding up an incredible t-shirt quilt she made!!

I've been thinking so much about Karen today. We met back in 2005. Another friend of mine went to a garage sale Karen was hosting. They got to talking and found out they both had interests in learning more about Photoshop. Now, I have to stop right here and say that I think Karen is a major Photoshop Whiz but Dianne (the other friend) had just taken an on-line Photoshop course and they decided to get together at Karen's to go through the course. Dianne also invited me. It was so much fun getting together in Karen's shop. I honestly don't remember too much of what I learned. I gained very, very MINIMAL Photoshop skills but what I did gain was a great new friend who happens to live right down the street from me!!

So, in the interest of time, the reason Karen is on my mind today is because she and her sister left today for Utah to bring back her brother who has recently been diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. He will require alot of care and Karen has opened up not only her home but her life to provide this care for him. If anyone can take on this challenge it's her. She's one of the strongest women I know and that says alot because I come from a family of strong women. If you want to know the rest of Brad's story (her brother) you can read it on her blog, Horn-A-Rosa. And if you think of it, say a little prayer that tomorrow's trip with Brad will be smooth and uneventful.

And Karen, you know I'm here!! I hope I haven't embarrassed you too much!!

1 comment:

nannykim said...

Ok--I have added him to my list of prayers. Hope there trip will go ok today and tomorrow!