Saturday, December 29, 2007

Looking Towards A New Year

Most people who know me, know that I am a very goal-oriented person. Some people may find goals to be too much pressure but I find them to be motivation! I like the challenges. I struggle, though, when it comes to really big goals. You know, the ones that take months to reach? Because while I like goals, I sometimes lack discipline...the thing that makes you "stick-with-it."

Attending Financial Peace this past year made me realize that Cliff and I need to set some very definite financial goals for ourselves this year. I don't want to go backwards. I want to keep building on the progress we made. We won't do that without a plan.

I have some personal goals. They are personal so I won't share them.

I like to take this time of the year to reflect about this past year and look ahead to the new one. I'm ready to go. I'm ready to move forward. I'm ready and anxious to see how God is going to work in all of our lives this year!!

In a day or two I'll be posting some reflections on 2007 but for today, I'm looking forward and I'll leave you with this thought...
While researching "resolutions" on the internet, I came across "The Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards" ...there are 70!!!!! But they are very good and definitely worth the read. Edwards begins the document with this quote:

BEING SENSIBLE THAT I AM UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT GOD' S HELP, I DO HUMBLY ENTREAT HIM BY HIS GRACE TO ENABLE ME TO KEEP THESE RESOLUTIONS, SO FAR AS THEY ARE AGREEABLE TO HIS WILL, FOR CHRIST' S SAKE.

God bless you and yours in the coming New Year!!

No comments: