Saturday, October 20, 2007

Small Group

Once a month, Cliff & I attend a small group. It is us and 2 other couples. It had been several years since I was part of a small group. This was not by my choice but there just wasn't a group in the church at the time that we felt we were supposed to be a part of. Over time, we became good friends with these 2 other couples and we all decided to go ahead and start a new group.
I LOVE these Saturday nights. I can't wait to go to our group! We share dinner together and then discuss and share God's Word. Currently, we are doing a study that uses clips from the movie, "Facing the Giants." I feel like through this group, I have found some new friends. One of the couples are our age and the other couple is about 10 years younger. We're all at different places in our lives...as couples, as parents but it's through those differences and the sharing of the Word that we learn so much from each other. We are free to be ourselves. We are free to share or not share. I feel so fortunate to be part of this group and to have these people in my life.

Tomorrow at church, we will be celebrating my dad's 10th year as Pastor. (Did I mention that my dad is also the pastor of our church?) Anyway, we will be celebrating our pastor tomorrow. We have several surprises planned and I don't think he knows anything about it. It's all supposed to be a surprise. It's going to be a good day!!!!!!

Have a blessed Lord's Day.

No comments: