Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Nest is Getting Empty!!

Amy just pulled out of the driveway to visit Bethel College and also to visit Joshua. (He's in his 2nd year at Bethel) Her plan is to go to Bethel for her final 2 years of college, starting next year. Currently she's living at home, attending the local community college. I hardly see her as it is...between school and work there doesn't leave much time. And what time is left, she divides between church, the boyfriend, and well, let's face it, Cliff and I rank after the Boy!!!!!!! Actually, he's a great guy. He's very kind, he loves the Lord, and is totally in love with my daughter. He's very good to her. I know in my heart that if the Lord wills, she will be planning a wedding her final year of school. So we are basically looking at 3 years until she's married. Oh my, I'm ready to shed a few tears here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amy has always been such a happy, happy girl. She's got a great attitude on life and loves to have fun. She's a good girl. She loves the Lord and is very active in our church. I love to be around her. She's good for me because she's so low maintenance and I'm, well, ahem....ok, I'm a little higher maintenance. I miss her now. I'll miss her when she heads out on her own. I'll really miss her not being MY Amy anymore but JT's Amy. I know, I know, it's 3 years away, but how quickly the last 19 have gone!!!! It's like I turned around and she went from this cute, dark-haired baby to this lovely young lady checking out bridal gowns.
Tomorrow I head out for an overnight adventure of my own. I'm going with some ladies to Jamesport, MO. It's an Amish area and we rent out an entire B&B. I'm not usually keen on overnighters as I prefer to be at home in my own bed. But some really good friends of mine are going and I think I've gotten to be too much of a loner. So, I'm going and I'm sure I'm going to have a great time!!!

No comments: