Monday, January 14, 2008


When we lived in Long Island, New York, summers were so much fun. It seemed like they lasted forever. We had a pool and spent so much time outside. If we weren't swimming, we were sunning ourselves.


My mom always had a radio going outside and she always had it tuned in to The Music of Your Life station. They primarily played music of the 40's and also some from the 60's and 70's. I guess it is from these days that I fell in love with music from the 1940's.


When we lived in Florida, my brother-in-law, Paul, worked in a nursing home. He had me come, about once a month, and play the piano during their lunch hour. It was so great. I'd go to the library and get books of music and play this music for the people. I LOVED it. I'd love when they sang along. It was so timeless.


When we first moved here to Kansas, I was able to get a Music of Your Life station but I guess they aren't going anymore. The closest one is broadcasted from Topeka...too far. I borrowed a couple cd's from the library but can't get the depth of music that was found on the radio. Until a year ago. Our TV gets satellite radio and there is a station that plays only 40's music. I am in heaven. There's nothing like hearing "I'll Be Seeing You" or "White Cliff's Of Dover." It's so nostalgic. Anyone else out there love this genre of music?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Me. I love it too and for the same reason. Those days of swimming all day and listening to the radio were so much fun. I can still sing alot of the songs because of that. Somedays I'd love to go back to those carefree days of summer.

Rebecca said...

Me Too!!!!!!!!