Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thoughts For Thursday...

Yesterday while browsing through the various blogs I read, I came across this blog... the scripture she posted almost jumped off the screen at me. Some of what has caused my pensive thinking as of late has been a sitiuation that has been present in my life for about the last 3 years. It's one where the only control I have is over myself and my actions. Obviously it involves other people...people who were once very, very good friends. I have prayed and prayed over it, I have extended the hand of fellowhsip. I have apologized and tried to follow God's plan for mending broken relationships, and I have grieved over this loss. Everything came to a climax about 6 weeks ago and I've been struggling to reconcile this situation and find peace about the whole thing. Yesterday it just about consumed me...then a couple things happened:

1) I came across that blog with the scripture...James 1:2-3 and I realized that while very, very sad and extremely uncomfortable, this situation represents God at work in ME. I can't control the other party and neither am I responsible for them or how they respond to me. I am responsible TO GOD FOR ME!!!!!

2) During my devotional time, I read two things....
a) Acts 27:25: "So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said." In a Beth Moore Bible Study, I learned the difference between believing in God vs. believing God. And that's something I need more of in my life....believing God.

b) My Utmost for His Highest. This link will take you to today's devotional but there is a calendar where you can go to previous devotionals. January 1 & 2 are definately worth a read and were a personal challenge to me on how to begin this new year. So in this situation and with all others, my goal as well as my responsibility is to give God the absolute best that I have. And I LOVED on Jan 2, where Chambers points out that "God does not tell you what He is going to do--He reveals to you Who He Is."
I can't tell you how these things changed my entire outlook on this whole situation and the joy I feel in knowing that through hard times I won't know what God is doing but I KNOW, because I BELIEVE GOD, that HE will reveal HIMSELF to ME!!!!!

Isn't our God amazing?????



No comments: