Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prayer Requests


Of all the things we do here in bloggy land, I feel that there is nothing more important than holding up someone in prayer. If someone has taken the time to post a request, usually that need is urgent and on behalf of someone who matters very deeply to them.

I have tried to make a practice of stopping and praying whenever I come across a request. I would want people to do the same if it were my husband or child. Just this past week, I have come across two very similiar requests. One family I know very well, one I only know through reading their blog. Both of these men are in dire situations...the main problem? The doctors cannot figure out what is wrong with them.


Eric was in the hospital in Nov (I think) and on a resperator (you can read back through their blog for all the details). He came out of it and they were finally told his breathing problems were a textbook case of food allergies. He collapsed this past Friday and lies near death. (The latest news is found here.)They are not sure if he even has any brain activity. He has 6 children, 2 of whom they just adopted.


Brad is the brother of a very good friend of mine. He's just been moved to a cancer care center in Utah yet the doctors have assured them he does not have cancer but that's pretty much all they know.


I cannot imagine how consumed their families must be. If only there were some answers... yet although we cannot give them answers, we can give them hope that only comes through the support of prayer. We can uphold them and bring them before the Lord. I encourage you to please stop and lift up each of these men and their families.


Rebecca

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Rebecca,
Thanks for sharing about these two men. I'm praying for them.

Karen said...

Thank you so much Rebecca. I appreciate all your prayers for my brother. Today we got bad news. It is Cancer. Sarcoma and very aggressive. My mother and I are flying out to Utah to see him and talk with the doctors. Again, thanks for all of your prayers.