Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday

OK, so I am going to be focusing on "simplicity" this year. And what do you know? The message this morning was out of Nehemiah 4:10...Nehemiah is at the half way point of building the wall and it talks about all the rubbish that needed to be removed. WOW!! I'm inspired...in my home to continue to declutter and not get discouraged. I've got a long way to go but I'm going to take it one step at a time. I've got two bags in the trunk of my car to be dropped off at Goodwill tomorrow. Spiritually I've been working on that too. I've got a good devotional time set up. For the past 2 years I've been reading through the Word. I'm not really using any system, nor have I tried to read it through in a year. I'm just taking my time...I read until I feel I need to stop and think about the things I've read. I'm reading My Utmost For His Highest, journal and right now I'm reading two other books that I'll talk about in later posts.

Some of our friends had us over for pizza after church. It was so nice to spend some time with friends today. We are all about the same age. We have so much in common and they are just great people. I appreciate their friendship so much.

As usual for this time on Sundays, I'm preparing for all the grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm sitting here, though, thinking a nap sound very, very nice!!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm decluttering too. It seems once I get through all the rooms, it's time to do it again. the laundry room took me all day the other day- and you know how small that room is. 1 large bag to goodwill and 1 large bag of trash. Where was it all? I found a pair of maternity pants that had been missing for months- somewhere in the laundry room!