Friday, September 19, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

With the on-set of Fall, I seem to get a renewed sense of energy. It's like a breath of fresh air after the hot, dry, muggy air of summer. It's a time to give my house another good cleaning; to sweep out all the corners and clear out stuff that's gotten piled up under other stuff! It's also a time to get the yard, the house and our wardrobes ready for the long, cold months of winter that will be here before we know it.

This past week, it seems as if God has done a sort of "Fall Cleaning" within me. He's had to sweep out some corners and take me to task on some things that needed some attention. It's been a reflective, convicting week and one that I'm glad God has taken me through. I'm so thankful He cares enough about me to prepare me for the journey that lies ahead of me.

God has been doing some amazing things in my life, my home and in my church. I wish I could go into more detail. But, all you have to do is to keep an eye out for the brilliant colors of fall to catch a very small glimpse of his amazing greatness.

As I sit and write this post today, I am reminded of one of my favorite songs we always sang at our Thanksgiving services when I was a kid.

"Great Is Thy Faithfulness"

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest, Sun, moon and stars in their courses above Join with all nature in manifold witness To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Hey there....the race is in Kansas City next weekend! Do you have tickets?

Anonymous said...

I've got an exciting fall/winter/spring ahead! Our daughter and her husband announced yesterday we are to be grandparents next June! Our first grandbaby and I'm just too excited! I just can't wait!
Donna