Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trip to the Doctor

After being woken up during the night with severe ear pain, I decided that a trip to the dr. was very necessary. My allergies have been out of control this year and I have had ear problems since I was a child. Add to that the fact that I have had increasing more headaches this past year, well, let's just say that I had alot to talk over with my dr. I was so thankful that they were able to get me in right away today. I was surprised to learn that my ears are not infected. She thinks the scratchy throat and ear pain are all connected to the allergy problem. The headaches, she believes, are a result of sleep apnea since I'm waking up with them at least 3 times a week. So, I will be heading to the hospital in a few days for a sleep study. I am NOT looking forward to this. I AM wanting to feel better but I'm nervous and feeling very uncomfortable at the prospect of sleeping with someone watching me from another room. If you've had a sleep study, can you tell me about it? Thanks!!

No comments: