Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day


I don't know if I could ever fully express how thankful I am for my dad.
His passion for travel gave us some incredible trips when we were kids. I took them all for granted...I thought it was normal! We took several road trips a year and I have some great memories from them!
My dad has been a pastor ever since I was born and I count myself fortunate that not only is he my dad but he's also my pastor.
A couple weeks ago, after Bill's funeral, I was just so proud of my pastor/dad. I cannot imagine the awesome task of leading a roomful of grieving people through that grief during the funeral. He's so gifted at his profession as a Pastor and his message left us with hope. After the funeral, I saw Bill's wife, Hope go up to my dad and hug him. I was so moved by this because Hope isn't one to be overly emotional but he had ministered to her so much that she felt free to thank him with a hug.
I am so blessed by my husband and my children and along with my mom, I count my dad as one of God's greatest gifts of mercy to me. My dad is there for me...he always has been and always will be.
I love you dad and am so thankful for you!!



No comments: