Saturday, November 8, 2008

Winter Arrives


Winter weather has blown in here in the mid-west! I'm kind of hoping we get one more spell of moderate temperatures before the frigid cold sets in!! All the trees are bare thanks to cold gusty wind. The bare trees and the cloudy skies make it look real wintery around here!!


It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. We have foods that have almost become traditions to our Thanksgiving. For example, I always make Pecan Pie for my dad. We also always have a cheesy broccoli casserole, turkey (of course), and an alternate meat choice (I don't eat turkey). Last year, I made tons of Chex Mix for snacking on in the afternoon. My mom always makes what we call "Eagle Brand" pie (it's a concoction of cream cheese, Eagle Brand, and lemon juice) it's very, very rich and very, very good!!


So what are your "must have" Thanksgiving foods?

2 comments:

Karen said...

We basically have the same Thanksgiving meal every year, but if I try and change it my kids throw a fit. Turkey of course is the main course. Michael insists on Green Bean Casserole and Jackie can't wait for the Dressing. Pumpkin Spice cake is a dessert favorite. I love the holidays.

Gretchen said...

I love stuffing and all sorts of vegetable cassaroles as side dishes. My mom and my mother in law are both big on those. I always do the pies -- pumpkin, of course, and pecan, and maybe apple or another fruit. I also always make real cranberry sauce (not shaped like a can! :)) and use some of the extra to make cranberry butter. mmmmmm!