Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving On My Mind

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. When we were kids, my mom would cook and bake for days it seemed. She would bake cookies and make fudge and snacks. And on Thanksgiving our house would always be full of people.
We would share the dinner and the afternoon would be filled with games and classic movies like the classic "King King" or Oliver and Hardy's "March of the Wooden Soldiers." One year, mom gave us an early Christmas present, A Monopoly Game. Can I tell you how exciting that was?




We still go to my mom and dad's for Thanksgiving. These days, though, its just Cliff and I and our kids and my parents. The house is still full of family but it's a little lower key. If you know my mom, you know we still play games. She LOVES board games and she LOVES playing them. These days, I am the parent, hoping my kids will come home and share Thanksgiving with us. I have been fortunate so far!!


No comments: