Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just Starting

I am new to the blogging world having just connected to the internet at home 3 weeks ago. I have been inspired by the stories I read each day in other's blogs and have decided to give it a try myself!



I chose the name "Rebecca's Walk" because that seems to be my approach to life right now. I am a "big picture" type of person. That can be a good/bad thing. At work, it's good. But personally it can make me feel extremely overwhelmed when things begin to pile up. I've decided to take things one step at a time. To stop running, slow down and face things in smaller segments. For example, my house needs a HUGE fall cleaning. (It usually does after the kids have been home all summer). I've only been able to see the WHOLE house!! I've put it off until I've felt I had time to clean the entire house. Finally, I decided to break it down into small jobs...things I can do in 15-20 minute segments. WOW! Do I feel better!! I just released myself from HUGE amounts of stress and anxiety. And guess what? My house is getting clean!!!



I figured since this approach has worked so well in the cleaning dept., it might work well for other areas of my life....like WEIGHT!! I need to lose some (ok, alot). I'm going to start my making some small changes like: double checking my hunger(aka. why am I eating?), cutting down portion sizes, and cutting out foods that have absolutely no nutritional value.



Maybe this is why God says to "Walk with Him" as opposed to "Run with Him."



I will fill in info. about my life in the days ahead. I will tell you that we are in my favorite time of year. Autumn has always been a time of refreshment for me!



Thanks for reading today and may your day be blessed!

No comments: