Thursday, September 27, 2007

Accidents Will Happen...

I was lying on the couch watching the much anticipated season premiere of one of my favorite shows. All of a sudden, my small curio cabinet that contains glass shelves and Boyd's collectibles fell over on me!!!! I'm not sure what all happened but I think it involved 1 dog and 1 cat. I remained extremely calm and began the hour-long process of using gorilla glue & painter's tape to put my little collectibles back together again. Unfortunately I'm fairly used to this as this has happened before. Having 4 kids has fine-tuned my art of glue and tape. I have learned, however, through the years that yes, accidents will happen. And, even though these items are precious to me, they are, in fact, just that...items. It's not worth a ruined day or evening. It was also a good teaching moment for the 2 kids who were observing me at the time because yes, you never know who is watching....or listening!!!!!!

No comments: