Friday, July 6, 2012

Vacation 2012 - New Orleans

Emily and I loaded up the car, drove to Cliff's work and picked him up and hit the road on Saturday morning, June 23.  We then drove all day and spent the night in Metairie, Louisiana. (Right outside of New Orleans.) On Sunday morning, we drove through the town.  I loved the old architecture and the French attributes but to be honest, I really wouldn't want to vacation here.  It was interesting to see it all though as we drove down Bourbon Street. 




Some of the famous little tomb "houses" in a very, very old graveyard.  I'm not sure if the damage was from age or Katrina or both.
 Our next stop was Mobile, AL.  On the way, Cliff wanted some deep southern BBQ. We stopped at "The Shed" which, unbeknown to us, was featured on Diners, Drive-in, and Dives.  It was an outdoor restaurant right on the Bayou. I don't know if you can get more Louisiana than that!

The "Dining Room"

No comments: