Thursday, July 12, 2012

NASCAR DAY - Part 1

Those who know me, know that I am a NASCAR fan.  And those who know me also know that I am a Jeff Gordon fan.  So while we were planning our trip to Charlotte, NC to see the NASCAR Hall of Fame, I discovered that Hendrick Motorsports (the team that Jeff Gordon drives for) was just a hop and a skip away.  Since we were that close, I HAD to go! 
It was SO COOL!!!!!  I mean you are there, in their shop and garage.  We also just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see Kasey Kahne's pit crew practice.
Alan Gustafson (Jeff Gordon's crew chief in the garage)


Rick Hendrick's office

Cliff and I and our dear friends, Hank & Lynette who we had not seen for 20 years

Jeff & Kasey

The 48 and 88 cars

Jimmie Johnson's 5 championship trophies

Their beautiful facilities

Barely fitting in the cockpit of a race car.  I got in but I was a bit concerned about getting back out

5 team pit practice.


The ENORMOUS jumbo tron @ Lowe's Motor Speedway

No comments: