Saturday, October 30, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

For the past 12 years, it has been my privilege to be involved with Operation Christmas Child. Anyone can get involved in helping send Christ's love, packed in a shoebox, to children around the world.
Operation Christmas Child is able to enter into countries that have been affected by war, disease, famine, poverty and the like and give just a little bit of Christmas cheer in the name of Christ to children and their families.
I can hardly watch the videos of kids, so happy to receive a little box with soap, toothpaste & toothbrush, and a few small toys. We, who have so much can certainly give...it takes so little!
This year, I have determined to do more than I have ever done before. My daughter, Emily, is using her birthday money to fill a shoebox.
If you are in the KC area and want to fill a shoebox or need more info, leave me a comment. If you want more info, click on the picture above and it will take you to the website.
For me, its just another way to minister to those who can so easily be forgotten.

No comments: