Friday, October 8, 2010



I had a couple books by Stormie Omartian, one of which was,
"The Power of a Praying Parent."
It was a great resource while my kids were young. However, in the last couple years, I really wished there was something out there for parents of adult kids. Because frankly, there are days when I just have no idea what to do or what my role is, when I should say something, when I should be quiet, etc.
Then I found this book and its been incredible! In fact, I offered a book club/small group for mom's of adult kids at our church and the response has been overwhelming. (Apparantly I wasn't the only one who didn't have a clue)!
The author offers sound, scriptural, godly, and practical advice for parents. I've learned alot about my kids and I've learned alot about myself and most important, I'm learning how to more effectively pray for them. Frankly there were some areas where I needed an attitude adjustment.
We are in the process of having another one turn 18. He's already wanting more and more independent. I know the process by now. I don't always like it but I know it and I know how the process ends....another one leaving. This time around, I feel a bit wiser and to his benefit, the first two broke me in. :-)

No comments: