Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Had A Feeling

Call it mother's intuition, call it what you will, but when Amy brought this dog home several months ago I had a feeling he'd end up at my house. Right after she bought him, her hours changed at work and during the week, she works long, late hours. This little guy, Lou, was home alone....alot. And he hasn't done well at home all by himself for long periods of time. In fact, he's been quite naughty.
Amy knew she was going to have to find him a good home and I wished her good luck. Yeah...the joke was on me because my son, Jacob, wouldn't hear of that dog going to another home...especially since Lou had been beaten so badly in his previous home. So, arrangements were made and as much as I don't want or need a 3rd dog, Lou was on his way. As part of the arrangement, Amy had to take one of my cats. Missy, who has been with me for 7 or 8 years. She's a sweet little cat but I've often thought that she'd do great in a home where she was the only animal.
The day of the great exchange, I think both Amy and Lou were a little traumatized (he had been exceptionally bad his last day at home with her.)
She took the cat and I got the dog. And I'm proud to say, he's doing great. He sweet and loving and needed attention and needs a yard where he can run (and potty).

1 comment:

Karen said...

Way to go Rebecca. You only need 2 more dogs to catch up with me.