Friday, April 9, 2010

My Week

I'm EXHAUSTED!! This week has gone by fast because it seems I haven't stopped! Of course, this is the week that Jacob had his busiest schedule of the school year. Two track meets. I drove to the first one on Tuesday. It took me a while to finally find the school (my GPS is with Cliff in IA). Once I found the school, I walked around the field for 30 minutes looking for the area where Jacob would be. I finally returned to the car in one last effort to drive around the back of the school to find him. I found him and all the other althetes heading to the gym because a big storm was moving in. He couldn't leave and I couldn't wait so I left and drove home in a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR!
Later that evening when Jacob got home, my intuition told me to go down the cellar and check the sump pump. Sure enough, it wasn't working and we were FLOODED!! Thank goodness Jacob was home to take over Cliff's responsibility over those kinds of matters. Some jiggling and it went on and within 30 minutes, we were flood free.
I've been running here and there, shuttling Jacob, picking up mail at my folks, checking on their house and dog
I also had lunch and dinner with two very good friends, which is something I haven't done in a long time. It was GREAT and something I should have done a long time ago. I've been so blessed to have some amazing friends in my life here. I don't take any one of them for granted but am so thankful for their friendship.
Ok, truly I'm not complaining. The trade-off of our long week will be a nice paycheck and after so many weeks without one, we are thankful.
Cliff, is ready to come home. He's worked very hard....and he must have done a good job because they asked him to come back next week.

No comments: