Friday, October 3, 2008

These Economic Times



We have absolutely been flooded with economic news and forcasts. To be honest, I'm not at all surprised because at some point, it seems to me that all this debt has to catch up with us. I'm not a financial expert nor would I ever claim to be but it seems to me that at the bottom line of this most recent "economic crisis" is debt. People making purchases on credit with payments they cannot afford to pay. At some point, something has to give. Personally, I was not in favor of the "bailout" plan especially when details come to light of all the various legislations attached to it. Sometimes in these kinds of situations, I wonder, "what can I do?" I cannot change the economy, Wall Street or Washington. What I can change, however, is myself.
This month, I decided to get serious about our family budget again. We have to! I've looked for more corners to cut...trying to shave here and there and get ourselves in a better financial position.

No comments: