Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Is Here!!

Woo Hoo!! We're finally coming into some cool fall weather. The leaves are starting to change and fall off the trees. This is my favorite time of year!!
Tomorrow, Emily has a choir concert up at the high school. For dinner, I'll be putting on the crock pot full of Taco Soup which will be all nice and hot by the time we get home!!! Ooooh, I almost can't wait!! My friend, Karen, introduced me to this soup and its become a quick favorite of ours! I almost prefer it to chili. The recipe is as follows:
TACO SOUP
1 pound ground beef; browned and drained
1 envelope taco seasoning
1-1/2 cups water
1 can (15-3/4 ounces) black beans, drained
1 can (15-3/4 ounces) kidney beans, drained
1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
Combine everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Top each bowl with grated cheese and sour cream if desired and serve with Fritos or Torilla chips.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your soup sounds delicious. I plan to try it soon. I love fall too. Our leaves are changing also. I just noticed this week. My Grandaddy passed away last Tuesday and I had been with him for two weeks as he grew weaker from a stroke he had on the 25th of September. So sad. He was my buddy. There are some posts on my blog about Grandaddy. My last grandparent. I noticed the leaves had changed as I drove down to the country to his house for some photos for the Memorial DVD the funeral home put together. My son took care of his body and we put his overalls on him. He always wore them unless he went to something special. He always said to bury his body in his overalls so we did. I missed our Tuesday trip to town today.
Thanks for posting the soup recipe.
Take care.
Donna

nannykim said...

Looks like it would be good. I have a Taco Soup recipe somewhere--My daughter often cooks it at her home. I have to make my own seasoning since most of the packet seasonings contain wheat or gluten. But yours looks nice!! I love fall tooooo! It was still warm here today but we are supposed to get cooler weather come the weekend! (80's today!)

Betsy Brock said...

Rebecca ~ this look delish! And so easy...I'm writing it down now!