Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's a Mom Thing


So if you have watched any of the Olympic Games this week, I'm sure you're heard the name, Michael Phelps." And if you've watched the extensive coverage of any swim meet that Phelps is in, you may have also seen coverage of Phelps' mom in the stands cheering her son on.


I got to thinking about that yesterday. I mean, isn't that what mom's do? Aren't we our kid's biggest cheerleaders? We're all Michael Phelps' mom just not in such a public arena. I've seen mom's cheer just as hard at little league games, be just as proud at a little Sunday School Church program, and stand just as proud at...well, you can fill in the blank here.

My parents were (and still are) some of my biggest cheerleaders. I hope my kids know that they don't have any bigger of a cheerleader in their life than their mom!!

No comments: