Monday, March 10, 2008

Second-Hand Clothes

Over the weekend, it hit me that I hadn't yet thought about clothes for Easter or the spring/summer season for the kids. I decided to stop by Goodwill today and see if I could find anything for them. I walked out with 2 like new skirts and a matching top for Emily. One outfit she will wear for Easter. I also found a pair of slacks and a dress shirt for Jacob for Easter. (The shirt still has the tags on it!) By buying slightly used clothing, I am able to buy quality clothing for the kids without paying those quality price tags that my budget could never affort. I also discovered that the best quality jeans are name brand jeans like Old Navy and I'm always on the look-out for them. I didn't have enough pairs for Jacob to start school with this year so I broke down and bought him 2 pair of jeans from Wal-Mart. Within 2 weeks, those jeans totally ripped up the backside. He's never worn out a pair of the Old Navys. I also got a dress shirt for Josh. He loves new clothes and will wear second-hand clothes (as long as they are the right "style) he just won't go in and find them himself....so mom picks him up a new shirt every now and then!!

No comments: