Friday, May 18, 2012

Turning Back the Hands of Time

Yesterday, I got back home from dropping Emily off at school. It was 7:30 and the morning was so beautiful I decided to go to the local park and take a walk.
As I walked, I started reflecting on this past year. I celebrated my 47th birthday this past week and I've been in a rather reflective state lately.

As you all know, I've taken off alot of weight this past year....87 pounds!  And sometimes I can get so discouraged by how far I have yet to go that I forget to focus on how far I've come.  A year ago I would have NEVER taken a two-mile walk first thing in the morning.  OK, once I had grand aspirations of taking the 1/2 mile walk down to the dead end of my street and I made it to the house next door with back and leg pain.  I wondered what happened to that girl?  In her place is someone who is healthy and strong!  That walk was only the beginning of my day.  I got home, cleaned my whole house and mowed the yard (with a push mower).  Energy like crazy!

And its not just physical either.  My entire perspective is better.  I can keep up with my house including the yard.  I feel better therefore I think better.  I feel better therefore I move better.  I feel better therefore I am better.  My entire outlook on life has changed.

Who says you can't turn back the hands of time?  This year I feel as though its been turned back 10 years.  Happy Birthday, Rebecca!  May this be your best year yet!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a great post!!!!! So happy for you!!!! Love, Mom