Friday, May 25, 2012

Get Ready, Get Set.....

Jacob & Emily - Easter 2012
It's happening again and there's nothing I can do to stop it...and frankly I don't want to....sort of.

Another of my children is preparing to leave the nest and as a mom, this is probably the hardest thing I ever have to do....let them go to live their lives. 

He's not going too far....just a couple hours away but having been down this road twice already, I know that once he gets in the car and drives away it will never be the same - and it shouldn't be.

I want him to go. He's ready.  He's strong and independant and as much as I'd like to turn back the hands of time on his life, I'm so proud that he's ready to make his way in the world and find out what God wants of Him.

But my mother's heart is aching and inside I'm enjoying these days yet crying and I'm constantly reminded of that Billy Ray Cyrus song that says,
"Get ready, Get set, Don't go..."

No comments: