Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Mother's Day Gift

 I frequent the local Goodwill store 1-2 times per week.  I usually am in there looking for clothing.  All along this weight loss journey, I've needed to buy smaller sizes but don't want to invest alot of money as I plan to be loosing for quite a while yet.  In order to get a good selection, I sometimes go twice a week.  The Saturday before Mother's Day, I was in the area and decided to stop in ( I rarely go in there on Saturdays) As I walked in the door, a clothing rack full of linen items was in my eyesight and I spotted this beautiful quilt.

It is a quilt you'd buy in a store but a very well made one.  I instantly fell in love with the colors and also the feel of it. 
As I made my way to the back of the store, my eye fell on a little piece of patchwork in the middle of another rack of linens.  This is what I found...



This one is hand-made in vintage 1930's reproduction fabrics and is pristine!!  This treasure almost took my breath away.  Believe it or not, there was a third one on the rack but the colors were not very pretty and it had some staining.


A close-up of one of the squares.


Some of the beautiful quilting...this one in the shape of a rose.

My decision was which one to purchase.  Emily was with me and she urged me to get them both.  I decided it was my Mother's Day gift to myself.  They were both equally beautiful and I couldn't leave either behind.
My total cost for both quilts?  $32.00!!!!!

No comments: