Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Memories

A tray of some of our Christmas treats. Red Velvet mini cupcakes, the famous Sugar Cookies, and Peppermint Meltaways.

I put up 4 trees this year...starting with a miniature tree and growing in size up to the largest one shown here. It is full of ornaments and looked so pretty. I love my Christmas ornaments. They are so personal and bring back special memories. It had grown, though and I now spread it out between 3 trees.



I added this guy to the collection this year. As has become my tradition, I purchase two ornaments for each of my kids each year. As I was looking through the ornaments at Target, I saw this Mr. Potato Head. I LOVED him. He looked so happy I knew as soon as I saw him he was coming home with me!


A friend of mine had family that worked at Hallmark and several years ago, Hallmark had a line of I Love Lucy ornaments. I must have 6 or 7. When Hallmark quit the line, Amy found one made by American Greetings. I hadn't seen another one since...until this year. Once again, I was looking through the ornaments at Kohls and came across this Lucy with her little chicks. I couldn't resist and she came home to hang on the tree too!

No comments: