Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Recital Preparations



It is customary for the family to provide a reception following the Senior Recital. This came as no surprise to me as Josh and I discussed it last summer.
Most people go with cookies. My son, however, has chosen 3 of his top favorite treats...Red Velvet Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Balls, and Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies. Now, we are expecting no less than 100 people, so since Grandma is the master of the cream cheese spritz cookies she has volunteered to press out dozens and dozens. Emily and I will be working on rolling and dipping dozens and dozens of peanut butter balls, I will be baking the red cupcakes in miniature sizes so those will probably be the easiest to make in bulk and the frosting will be done there. Amy is trying her hand at a new recipe for cake pops.
Tomorrow I have to go shopping for everything and Thursday is the big baking, rolling, dipping day!!
Jacob & Emily have both been chosen to participate in District Honor Choirs on Saturday so we won't even be able to stay for the reception.
I'll try to post again on Monday pictures and hopefully a video or two.

No comments: