Friday, October 16, 2009

Josh's Recital Day


Last Friday we drove 3 hours to south-central Kansas for Josh's Senior Voice Recital. I was so excited because we haven't seen Josh since our last trip in July. So we decided to make a day of it. We got there early afternoon and picked him up. Oh how good it is to spend time with him!! The college is in a cute little college town and going "downtown" is like going back in time. Victorian looking houses and little shops that could have come straight out of the 40's or 50's. We went into an office supply/gift store that still has all the old fixtures and flooring. One of my favorite stores is and second-hand store...sort of like a Goodwill and antique store combined but their prices are low, low, low!! I bought two books and a stocking-stuffer and spent an entire $1.43!!
By the time we were done shopping, Grandma and Grandpa got to town and we had a family dinner at Applebees.
The highlight of the evening, however, was the recital. It was an hour in length and Joshua and his friend, Kelly alternated solos and ended the evening with a duet. It was wonderful. They both did and excellent job!
When he entered the chapel, I got all teary. It surprised me...I could have bawled and bawled looking at my son...now a man...yet at the same time, seeing the little boy with full-cheeks.
We ended the evening at McDonalds...coffee for some, soft drinks for others before saying goodbye. He's been gone for 4 years now and saying goodbye does not get easier. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving when I'll have all 4 of my kids together. I took those times for granted when they were young....I now treasure them!!

Josh and Kelly


With Soy Yen, their vocal coach, who is amazing!!


Very proud mom!

No comments: