Thursday, March 19, 2009

It Was Supposed to Happen...

I was in a "fender-bender" yesterday. Thankfully no one was hurt and the damage to my car is such that it is still driveable. I was stopped to make a left-hand turn into my parent's subdivision and I guess the guy behind me took his eyes off the road for a second. All of a sudden, there was a big "boom" from the rear of my car. Scared me more than anything!!
The funny thing is that when we left home yesterday, I did several things out of the ordinary. First, I was driving. I don't usually drive when Cliff is in the car. Cliff drives for a living and it is better for both of us if he drives :-) Second, I have been "dog-sitting" for my mom while they are out of town. I keep the dog at my house but yesterday I decided to take her to my mom's while we were out running errands. Third, Cliff says that when I came to my mom's street, there was a white car in the other lane. I waited for it to pass while he thought I had plenty of time to make it.
Later, Cliff wondered about the accident. I told him I don't know why but when you consider everything that led up to us being there at that moment in time, it was supposed to happen that way. I don't know why. We will probably never know.
I will say, however, that I am thankful we only have to deal with some broken lights and body damage. A friend of mine lost a husband in a car accident this past December. You just never know.

No comments: