Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Very LONG Night



Tuesday night I got a splinter in my foot. I picked at it a little and thought it must have been a small one and that I got it out. I was fine....until last night!
I went to bed with my foot throbbing. I knew it was that splinter. I used a flashlight to try to see it but couldn't really see anything. I figured that once I fell asleep it would stop hurting. I was very wrong. 45 minutes later I woke up and my foot was really throbbing now!! It was now 3:30 AM. I had no choice but to prepare for "surgery." I got a bowl and filled it with hot salt water and began soaking my foot. Then armed with my surgical instruments, I began working on that splinter. After more soaking and using a needle, I finally got it out! It felt so good!! As far as splinters go, it was kind of large but in the grand scheme of things, I find it so hard to believe that such a small little splinter can affect an entire body!! By this time, it was almost 5:00 AM and I now had a huge headache from serious lack of sleep. I finally fell asleep around 6:00. When I woke up a couple hours later, it was with a pain free foot!!

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Amazing how such a small thing can be so painful. Glad you got it out.
Blessings from Costa Rica