Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Coming Changes

It occurred to me the other day that I am in the beginning stages of a new season of life. Actually, its been coming for a while but suddenly I find myself at the doorway of watching my "nest" empty out as each of my "fledglings" are spreading their wings and taking flight. I'm not quite at the empty nest stage yet. Emily has 3 years of high school left but its not alot of time and 3 years will go by before I know it.


Last week, I found myself alone more often than not and I'm finding myself wanding around my house not quite sure what to do. Don't get me wrong, there is always some sort of cleaning that needs to be done but who wants to spend all their free time mopping floors and scrubbing bathtubs?


I was married when I was 19 and became a mother at 20. For the past 25 1/2 years, my number one job has been my kids and I have loved almost every minute of it. However, they don't need me like they once did. Two are on their own, another one is on his way and Emily isn't far behind. I have encouraged my kids (and even my husband) to discover their interests and passions and pursue them and now I think its time to do that for myself. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm excited about learning new things and I'm thinking perhaps the best "me" is the one that has yet to be discovered. My kids aren't the only ones with new wings!!

No comments: