Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Cleaning

I got on a mid-summer cleaning roll today. I was determined to clean the carpets and while I was at it, I decided to wash curtains as well.
I found a carpet cleaner recipe online a few years ago. It calls for 1/4 cup Tide liquid, 1/3 cup white vinegar, and 1/3 cup ammonia. I decided to give it a try today. I was a little worried that either the vinegar or the ammonia smell would be overpowering but when I mixed them all together, it just had a beautiful fresh, clean scent. I mixed them in a glas measuring pitcher and just used the amount the cleaning machine called for. It cleaned my carpets amazingly well! I knew it had to work fairly well because of the Tide but I wasn't expecting the good results I got. And the best part is, its so economical and my house smells so fresh and clean!!

No comments: