Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Lesson Learned

The messages at church over the past several months have been based out of the Lord's Prayer. During the past several Sundays, the pastor (dad) has been speaking about our "trespasses" - areas in our lives that need confession and cleansing from God.
This past week, one of the points was about Unforgiveness. I admit, there have been times where I've not wanted to have a forgiving spirit and frankly its usually when someone has wronged someone that I love.
As I sat there, I honestly couldn't think of anyone I need to offer forgiveness to right now. Until later that evening, I realized that there was somebody and perhaps its probably one of the hardest people I need to offer forgiveness to........myself. I need to forgive myself. I need to take all my mistakes and failures. All the times I didn't make the right choices, got angry with my kids, said the wrong thing, made the big mistakes and let all of that go. Becuase I've already received forgiveness from God. He knew I wouldn't be perfect. His plan to cover me with forgiveness involved a cross and grace. Praise Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to see this. I am always here for you as well as your family. I am so proud of you, always have been. Love, Mom