Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer 2011 and Stuff.....

It's been a hot, quiet summer around here. Not too much going on other than trying to stay cool!! Just a quick update on everyone:

* Cliff is doing GREAT since his epidural injections....little to no back pain. He will have 1 more injection in 2 weeks and that should last him the better part of a year. He's been back to work since the beginning of May with no problems!
*Josh has made a life for himself in Newton. He's found a good job that will allow him the opportunity to travel for up-coming grad school auditions. He's got 5-6 schools lined up. It's going to take him a while to prepare for these auditions as he's going after a fellowship....which will basically cover the cost of all his schooling expenses. They are tough and competition is stiff. His auditions need to be flawless.
*Amy has registered at the local community college to continue her education. She will be taking classes in their culinary institute for baking & pastry.
*Jacob will also be attending the local community college. He's taking almost a full course load with a major in music. He's been working out all summer in the hopes of making the track team for shot put.
*Emily spent the bulk of this summer with her two cousins from GA and had a great time with them. She has been focusing on math homework that has to be completed before school so she can enter the honors math class.
*Me...well, I'm finding my way through my ever-changing household again....adjusting to kids leaving and growing. It's hard but good for everyone. This past weekend, Cliff & I had the opportunity to just get away for the night and meet up with some of our dearest friends. It was so good!!

I've been away from my blog for a while because, frankly, I have felt like I haven't had much to say. To be honest, I don't want my blog to be a daily "Christmas letter." So I'm going to step away for a few more weeks.....probably until after labor day. I have a few ideas but I'm not concrete on anything yet. Plus, we have alot going in the next few weeks. Getting ready for school and a Labor Day trip to spend some time with Josh.

So, thank you so much for your interest. I'll be back in a few weeks.
Have a Great finish to the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great to see you post and so happy to see that you and your family are doing well. Miss seeing you and Cliff. Take care.