Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

It took me several years to figure out that the best gift I could give my mom on Mother's Day and my Dad on Father's Day is an invitation to dinner at my home. TIME!!
I think I finally came to this conclusion because I now have adult children and I think there's no greater gift they can give to me than their time and ATTENTION
So, in honor of Mother's Day this past Sunday, I had my parents over and cooked my mom one of her favorite meals. Lasagne. It was really good too (if I say so myself)
And Cliff and I and our kids had an amazing evening with them around the dinner table.
These are things I no longer take for granted. Time is moving way too quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right Rebecca, time and attention, didn't we hear that in a sermon recently. The dinner was great, but around the table with you all was priceless. Thank you!!!! Love, Mom